USANA Prenatal CellSentails is a combination of Vita Antioxidants and Core Minerals providing the right levels of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in your daily nutrition during pregnancy.
Nutrition is very important for everyone. But when a woman is pregnant or breastfeeding, a woman's nutritional needs are greater than ever. That is why it is very important for a pregnant woman to take nutrition seriously.
The nutrition consumed by mothers will likely play a role in the future health of the fetus. The biological response that can be produced by poor nutrition may actually influence the genes of the fetus. So the maternal diet can modulate gene expression in the offspring.
View from AsktheScientists:
Prenatal CellSentials is a high quality supplement that is safe and effective. It comes with a potency guarantee.
- No sugar or artificial colors
- Magnesium - helps support normal fetal development
- High potency iodine - critical for healthy neurocognitive development
- Excellent source of iron - meets increased demand of red blood cells, and ensures infant has adeguate stores of iron needed during first months of life
- Provides 600mcg of folic acid - to support healthy fetal neurocognitive development
- Good source of Vitamin A from beta-carotene - supports development of heart, limbs, respiratory system , and more.
- Excellent source of biotin - supports normal DNA replication and healthy skin, hair, and nails.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
IMPORTANCE OF IODINE
In healthy adults, iodine serves a number of functions within the body. First and foremost iodine supports healthy thyroid function, which is important for normal metabolism.For pregnant or lactating women, iodine is crucial because it not only supports a child’s healthy thyroid growth and function, it also plays a key role in healthy brain and central nervous system development. When taking iodine, it’s important to take adequate amounts of selenium, which also supports proper thyroid function.
IMPORTANCE OF IRON, CALCIUM, OMEGA-3, and VITAMIN D
Dr. Michelle Harden, Obstetrician and Gynecologist, shared optimal nutrition for enhanced fetal environment and overall health of the mother.
Calcium is important not only for bone development but also for smooth muscle function and circulation. During pregnancy a women’s blood volume increases significantly, so iron, as well as calcium, is a very important nutrient for a pregnant woman. Omega-3 essential fatty acids promote fetal brain development and can benefit a woman’s immune system. Vitamin D is important in pregnancy, because insufficiency is common.
- CALCIUM: Helps preserve a mother's bone density while supporting development of baby's bones, teeth, nerves, and muscles.
- OMEGA-3: Critical to normal brain development before birth. DHA is essential for healthy eye development and growth.
- VITAMIN D: Increases the absorption of calcium for maximum bone health benefits. Studies have found that Vitamin D supports healthy infant growth and birth weight.
TRY THIS PRODUCT
Receive an additional 10% off by signing up for convenient recurring deliveries with Auto Order.
HOW HEALTHY ARE YOU?
For a complete assessment of your lifestyle and product recommendation, visit the True Health Assessment.
These recommendations do not replace medical advice. Always follow the recommendations of your physicians.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.